Thursday, December 1, 2011

Omaha Nebraska part 1

A couple weekends ago  we decided we needed to get away, Andy suggested Omaha, Nebraska.  He had been close to there on his many trips to the race track just outside of town.  I jumped at the chance to cross off another state off my list.  I have driven through Nebraska a few times but had never spent any real time there. 


 We stayed at the Element Omaha Midtown Crossing.   Andy found a good deal on the Internet, I  always wonder about the "deals" he finds, because we have experienced some bad ones.  But this one was AWESOME. 


 This was a suite, there was a super modern kitchen (looked straight out of a HG TV remodel show)


 A little sitting area, then two Queen size beds  (this almost 6 foot tall body appreciates that), you can see Amanda already trying out her bed, then check out the bathroom below, very nice.


We spent a lot of time walking around the restored Old Market area down by the river.  It was very relaxing just to walk around and look in the occasional shop.  I totally loved the cobble streets.  Just the thought of someone laying all those bricks, Wow. 

This is a must for anyone going through Omaha.  We found a Christmas Shop and a Candy Store. 

 We found a Christmas Shop, and a Candy Store . 
Then of course we found a brew pub.



This one was really good! 


Andy of course tried the beers (which he really liked),


and below Amanda tried the root beer


I tried the fried pickles, very good, they were a little spicy, which added a different taste that I really liked.

The service was excellent and fast, Andy had read a review that said otherwise, goes to show you can't believe everything you read.   Even if you don't like beer, it has great food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment