Snow was in the forecast the day we drove to Estes Park, but like so many times on a vacation the day you have penciled in to do something is not always the best weather day for pictures. I think so many of my pictures could have been better, if only there was a blue sky with puffy white clouds. Like this one:
But I still like it. We had some blue skies early in the morning like the one below, but it was a very disappointing "scenic view" stop. You can't always trust those signs, they trick you by promising a scenic view.
Sometimes just zooming in will give you a much better picture like the one below,
Then we drove as far up as we could until we ran in to this.
If you look close you can see the ROAD CLOSED sign buried in the snow.
We headed out the other side of the park, we had seen other wild life but I hadn't gotten any pictures, so I was excited to see these elk grazing. With the mountains and the snow, and the evergreen trees it was "picture perfect" for me.
Then we drove a little further and got this, my absolute favorite.



No comments:
Post a Comment