Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tuesday in England

Our last day in England provided us with what I think of as typical English weather, overcast and drizzly. So sadly, being the conservative person I left the SLR (big camera behind) and just took my point and shoot camera. I did miss my SLR at times, but I did not miss carrying it. We of course rode the ''tube'' in first to walk across the Thames River. It gave us an awesome view of the city and the river.
Then we paid to walk around St. Paul's Cathedral, what workmanship! It truly a beautiful place. Then of course on to a pub for lunch, this being our last day in England we were on a mission, we needed some traditional English food, Pie of the Day, and Fish and Chips, and Mari and I needed to have another Pimms, and of course Andy needed to work on his pint count ( total of 28 different cask conditioned ales).

We walked around the city more. London is such a beautiful city to walk around, I think it would take a long time for me to tire of it, if ever. We saw West Minster Abbey, and Parliament (above), all I can say is this is one impressive building, with out even thinking about what is going on in side.


Then after dinner, we had tickets to go on the London Eye. We had planned to go late in the day in case the weather continued to be overcast, we would at least be able to see some of the city lights, but the sky stayed mostly clear, so we went up before dark. What a beautiful view of the city, well worth the ride.


Then it was back to the Bed and Breakfast to pack to head home.





No comments:

Post a Comment