Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard of 2011


Well that is what they are calling it, The Blizzard of 2011. Funny, but I will agree it is probably the worst snow storm I can remember. It was really hard to tell how much snow we got, we had some major drifts, while other areas were almost bare. The weather forecasters were off a little in their time table, and thankfully we did not get the max of 20 plus inches, we did how ever end up with at least a foot of snow , with drifts well above my knees. Tuesday Morning we started out with just a dusting of snow , just enough to cover up our brick patio that had started to show through from the last snow. And went to this on Wednesday morning.

Almost covering up my flower pots that sit next to our brick BBQ.

The view out the front door was just as impressive, the snow had covered over the front steps, and blown up onto our porch.


I like the way the snow had blown away from around the tree in the front yard.
But all of this, meant we had to do a lot of this:
And I am so thankful for both of these two girls, who did their fair share of the shoveling themselves.








No comments:

Post a Comment