Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Tree

Well today after thinking yesterday I decided that changing the lights on the tree would be fun. We had always had clear lights on our tree, so I decided to change to multi colored. That would be the difference that an artificial tree does not allow. Though I am firm in my choice of an artificial tree, (it is hard for me to kill a tree every year for me to have it in my house for a few short weeks), using the same lights and ornaments every year offers no variety.
But changing things does offer its' challenges, like getting enough lights:


So I made another trip to Walmart to get another box of lights (this is after the original 2 - 400 count boxes ) I could only get another 400 box (seems everyone must be buying new lights, and I had to search way to back of the shelf for the last multi colored) Also not that it matters to me but because I got the last box; are multi colored lights the most or the least wanted?) Sorry sometimes random things clog my mind.

Ok this is much better, I know not perfect, the top is still a little sparse but the lights come in 2 strands of 200 each, this is one strand up there, I thought both strands (equalling 400 lights in the top portion would have been too much) But all in all I love the new multi-colored lights! Amanda hung the ornaments as I unpacked them, Andy just watched from the recliner, poor guy has caught some really bad sinus/flu and is not feeling well at all.


So at the end I think I got what I wanted (at least I am very happy with it), and thanks to the fact that the top could actually use more lights compared to the bottom two thirds, and since Amanda decided that the back didn't need ornaments because no one sees it (True, I guess),I got a tree that doesn't look like a carbon copy of all the other years, and is a Bales original for 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment